Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Redditch Redditch is offline

Default How do I invert text using Word 2007 Vista?

Is it possible to turn some of the text in a document upside down?
The only way I've managed to do this is to print twice, turning the paper
around the second time.

If I put the text into a textbox I cannot rotate the textbox.
Is there some way of getting selected bits of text on a page to be upside
down?

Hope someone can help. Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Redditch Redditch is offline

Thanks,
I'll try one or two of the ways suggested.
I'm amazed that there isn't an easier way. Word 2007 /Vista offers so many
other ways to make text look fancy/different it's dissappointing to discover
that you can not simply turn text upside down. Cheers, Redditch.

wrote:

Is it possible to turn some of the text in a document upside down?
The only way I've managed to do this is to print twice, turning the paper
around the second time.

If I put the text into a textbox I cannot rotate the textbox.
Is there some way of getting selected bits of text on a page to be upside
down?

Hope someone can help. Thanks

See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect is offline

Can you expand on this?

I've never used publisher. Are you suggesting the entire document be
created in publisher, or that just the text you want upside down be created
in Publisher and then copied and paste specialed into the Word doc? This
seems complicated.

Lisa B.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Publisher can do this.

wrote:

Is it possible to turn some of the text in a document upside down?
The only way I've managed to do this is to print twice, turning the
paper
around the second time.

If I put the text into a textbox I cannot rotate the textbox.
Is there some way of getting selected bits of text on a page to be
upside
down?

Hope someone can help. Thanks

See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Text can be freely rotated to any angle (including upside-down) in
Publisher. Sometimes the best solution is to do a document entirely in
Publisher (especially if it will be distributed as hard copy or as a PDF).
Although rotated text can be copied from Publisher and pasted as a picture,
the quality is often not so great. You can copy and paste text as a picture
in Word as well (and then rotate it), but again, it won't look quite like
ordinary text (even worse is trying to get something that looks like
ordinary text using WordArt).

"Legallisa - switching from WordPerfect"
rosoft.com wrote in
message ...
Can you expand on this?

I've never used publisher. Are you suggesting the entire document be
created in publisher, or that just the text you want upside down be
created
in Publisher and then copied and paste specialed into the Word doc? This
seems complicated.

Lisa B.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Publisher can do this.

wrote:

Is it possible to turn some of the text in a document upside down?
The only way I've managed to do this is to print twice, turning the
paper
around the second time.

If I put the text into a textbox I cannot rotate the textbox.
Is there some way of getting selected bits of text on a page to be
upside
down?

Hope someone can help. Thanks

See http://www.gmayor.com/rotate_text.htm.