Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Patricia Mindanao

Default Disable "Track changes" and save doc without any change history not possible ?

Assume I have have a Word 2003 document. "Track Changes" is enabled.
Some text was changed and displayed with red color and vertical lines on the left side.

Now I want to display and save the last version WITHOUT any information about the previous
changes - just the the pure last, final text.

At first I selected "Final" on the drop down box of the Markup toolbar.
All change indicators disappeared as intended. Then I clicked on menu File-"Save as..."
and saved the document under a new name.

Much to my surprise the changes still exist and are displayed when I open the new, just saved
document.

How do I permanently clean a document from previous change history otherwise ?

Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers
Teri

Default Disable "Track changes" and save doc without any change history no

If you look at your Reviewing Toolbar, to the left you should see a button
which says "Show". If you click on this and uncheck the item you don't want
to see you should be alright. either that or turn of Track Changes.

Teri.

"Patricia Mindanao" wrote:

Assume I have have a Word 2003 document. "Track Changes" is enabled.
Some text was changed and displayed with red color and vertical lines on the left side.

Now I want to display and save the last version WITHOUT any information about the previous
changes - just the the pure last, final text.

At first I selected "Final" on the drop down box of the Markup toolbar.
All change indicators disappeared as intended. Then I clicked on menu File-"Save as..."
and saved the document under a new name.

Much to my surprise the changes still exist and are displayed when I open the new, just saved
document.

How do I permanently clean a document from previous change history otherwise ?

Pat

Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.docmanagement,microsoft.public.word.newusers

Changing what is displayed does not remove the tracked changes; it merely
hides them. If the document is sent to someone else who has different
display settings, they will be clearly visible. The only way to remove this
markup is to accept or reject the changes. Turning off Track Changes just
stops further tracking; it does NOT remove current markup.