Lyn

Default Why won't my spell checker work

I have set my machine to check spelling but it does not do so nor do the red
wavy lines appear can anyone help? It's not that I can't spell but I can't
type too well!
Anne Troy

Try this, Lyn.
http://www.officearticles.com/word/s...osoft_word.htm
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"Lyn" wrote in message
I have set my machine to check spelling but it does not do so nor do the
red
wavy lines appear can anyone help? It's not that I can't spell but I can't
type too well!

garfield-n-odie

Open a Word document where this problem occurs, press Ctrl+A to
select all of the text, click on Tools | Language | Set Language
| choose your language | uncheck the "Detect language
automatically" and "Do not check spelling or grammar" boxes |
Default | OK. Then press F7 to rerun spellcheck.

Lyn wrote:

I have set my machine to check spelling but it does not do so nor do the red
wavy lines appear can anyone help? It's not that I can't spell but I can't
type too well!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenniferesme

I tried these steps, but when I go to the spelling tab under options it is
greyed out completely. I have heard this might have something to do with
Access, but I don't even have that installed. The spelling tab is greyed out
in Word and Outlook and Outlook Express. Any ideas? I'm going crazy trying
to fix this issue. Thanks!

Lyn wrote:

I have set my machine to check spelling but it does not do so nor do the red
wavy lines appear can anyone help? It's not that I can't spell but I can't
type too well!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Hmmm... where do I suggest that you click on Tools | Options |
Spelling & Grammar?

Lyn wrote:

I have set my machine to check spelling but it does not do so nor do the red
wavy lines appear can anyone help? It's not that I can't spell but I can't
type too well!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenniferesme

oh jeez how picayune can you get--so sorry! Forget it.

Lyn wrote:

I have set my machine to check spelling but it does not do so nor do the red
wavy lines appear can anyone help? It's not that I can't spell but I can't
type too well!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

It's like the old saying, "You can lead a jackass to water, but
you can't make it drink."