Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Richard CHSLTD Richard CHSLTD is offline

Default Access denied error

Question

I have asked this question in the word networking forum, but no joy so I
thought I would try here.

We have just installed a Linux server to hold our documents. If we use my
documents to find a document we can double click to open it in Word. When we
try to save it we get an access denied error message. If we try to open the
same file from word, we get the same message.
This does not happen when the documents are on a Windows XP machine, nor
does it happen when using a laptop that was not involved in the existing
network to access the documents on the new Linux server.

Can you help with finding the settings we need to change within word to make
this work.

The operating systems on the affected machines are 2000, XP jhome and XP
Pro. The version of office is 2003.

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Dan Freeman Dan Freeman is offline

There is no Word setting that can control access to files stored on another
computer (running another operating system). Word doesn't "do" file access.
That is controlled by the server you are trying to use.

You might try finding a Linux support community.

Dan