pilotflyby

Default Word+GroupWise Problem

GroupWise V6.5
Word 2003 SP1

Aside- "where can you search topics on this board?" I will be suprised
if this has not been asked before.

Problem:Need to preform merge with MS Word by pulling from Excel
database for email addresses and other customer information and sending
out as email using GroupWise.

Testing failu Test document created and populated as required. When
the "Merge to E-mail" pop up box fields "Message Options" and "Send
Records" information is entered and the and "OK button" is clicked it
appears that something is happening but I receive no email to my test
account or any error message that the function did not work correctly.

We use GroupWise at work as the mainstay email system. I also have
Outlook 03 installed and configured. I also could not get a "merge to
email" to work with Outlook.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Doug Robbins

Can't help with the Group Wise part, but as you are using both Word 2003 and
Outlook 2003, it should work. However, you would normally receive the
message about another program attempting to send mail which can be overcome
by installing the Express Click Yes utility that is available from

http://www.contextmagic.com/express-clickyes/

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"pilotflyby" wrote in message
news

[...]

Software</a>

pilotflyby

I cannot get the merge to work in Outlook or GroupWise. The link
http://www.smith.edu/its/tara/ms_word/mailmerge.html shows the process
that I am following.

I just tried using MS Access as a data source for First_Name,
Last_Name, Email_Add and continue to have same results with Outlook/GW?

I checked with our NetAdmin and verified Groupwise is MAPI compatible.
(This is something I already knew) I can normally figure these problems
out. Funny how the "simple" ones turn into the biggest pain-in-the-butt,
time wasting problems :-/

What does work: If I merge and send to any network printer.

It looks like the "merge to email" function of Word is not making the
correct call to invoke "any" email application???

Any suggestions are appreciated!