Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Spunky Spunky is offline

Default Track Changes

I need some help on a MS Word 2000 document.
I recently sent my resume to a personnel placement firm as an attachment to
an
email, and they complained that I needed to shut off the edit mode. They
showed
me the attachment they recieved and on the right side of my document, there
was
a pane that had all the changes that I made to different sentences and
paragraphs in seperate blocks with leaders back to the actual place of the
change.
Do you have any idea what this is and how I can shut it off?
I don't want to send this kind of document to a perspective employer.

Thanks for your help.

--
Spunky in NH
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Summer Summer is offline

Hi there,

A couple of ideas:

You should always send your Resume and all documents unless working docs as
PDFs. There are lots of free make PDFs available.

Or if you don't want to do that under Tools Protect Document (I don't use
2000 any more) save as a protected document and give it a password (it is
not really that protected) but it should prevent the receiver imposing their
formatting options if you use "keep track of formatting" and track changes
and balloons comments/formatting with lines and so on.

Hope this helps.

"Spunky" wrote in message
I need some help on a MS Word 2000 document.
I recently sent my resume to a personnel placement firm as an attachment
an
email, and they complained that I needed to shut off the edit mode. They
showed
me the attachment they recieved and on the right side of my document,
there
was
a pane that had all the changes that I made to different sentences and
paragraphs in seperate blocks with leaders back to the actual place of the
change.
Do you have any idea what this is and how I can shut it off?
I don't want to send this kind of document to a perspective employer.

Thanks for your help.

--
Spunky in NH

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Whenever Track Changes is activated in a document the changes are retained
until the feature is turned Off *and* all changes made have been either
Accepted or Rejected. You might want to look Track Changes up & Word Help...
Better yet, have a look at Shauna Kelly's articles he

http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/trac...ngesWorks.html

Suggestion: If you want to continue tracking changes in your working copy do
a Save As, turn the feature off in the new copy, reject/accept as above &
send that to where it needs to go. Further - since the recipient doesn't
need to be able to *edit* your resumé - send 'em a PDF:-)

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 9/1/07 10:28 AM, in article
, "Spunky"
wrote:

I need some help on a MS Word 2000 document.
I recently sent my resume to a personnel placement firm as an attachment to
an
email, and they complained that I needed to shut off the edit mode. They
showed
me the attachment they recieved and on the right side of my document, there
was
a pane that had all the changes that I made to different sentences and
paragraphs in seperate blocks with leaders back to the actual place of the
change.
Do you have any idea what this is and how I can shut it off?
I don't want to send this kind of document to a perspective employer.

Thanks for your help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

This method isn't exactly secure. All one needs to do is create a new
document and insert the contents of the protected document and gain access
to it - even if it was protected with a password. This feature is intended
for workgroup collaboration and not document security.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word