Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Technojunkie Technojunkie is offline

Default Opening Word - Getting funky display

Hi:

PLEASE! someone out there in cyberspace - help me.

Here's the situation to the best of my knowledge. I have Word 2003 on my
PC.
When the template opens I get 4 gray corner objects on the page. The best
way I can describe it is sililar to this.

Open word 2003
go to the "format" from the upper toolbar
go to borders and shading
On the General Tab under the preview section to the right is a preview.
There are four corner markers on the 4 corners of the preview.
This is what I'm getting when I open a word document.
Anything I can do besides delete the normal.dot and have it recreated?

Thanks to everyones help as I'm just about bald trying to figure this out.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Technojunkie Technojunkie is offline

Forgot to add that there isn't any borders, shading, or back fill in the
document. Happens when I open a new document and even on some existing
documents as well.

"Technojunkie" wrote:

Hi:

PLEASE! someone out there in cyberspace - help me.

Here's the situation to the best of my knowledge. I have Word 2003 on my
PC.
When the template opens I get 4 gray corner objects on the page. The best
way I can describe it is sililar to this.

Open word 2003
go to the "format" from the upper toolbar
go to borders and shading
On the General Tab under the preview section to the right is a preview.
There are four corner markers on the 4 corners of the preview.
This is what I'm getting when I open a word document.
Anything I can do besides delete the normal.dot and have it recreated?

Thanks to everyones help as I'm just about bald trying to figure this out.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Technojunkie Technojunkie is offline

Thanks Rae! I tried the recommendation and still getting the crop marks. I
also saw the asian language fix as well and will try that to see if it goes
away completely.
I think that's part of the issue because if the box is or isn't checked and
I do one or the other, it comes up with a grey box as a border but that might
be due to the language thing.

I'll let you know if things don't work but thanks for the info. and the
heads up.