Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Default Unable to update fields for total document

See if the sample macro at http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm will
update it for you.

Marc Trumpi wrote:
I have a document with a number of references, figures, tables and
all that in it, update them regularly to check whether everything is
still as it should be. This usually works fine, but now I've inserted
a title page consisting of a table with some text and figures (logos)
in it and I can't update my fields by ctrl+a, f9 anymore. As long as
I don't select the title page there is no problem, but as soon as I
select a single cell of the table the update possibility is gone
again. (Also when I right-click, the button is grey)

Does anyone know what causes this (more specifically than the table)
and what can be done to avoid it (other than not selecting the table)