Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
inenewbl inenewbl is offline

Default unable to change the date of the footer for document

Hi all. I am unable to change the date found in the footer for the existing
word document. Is there any setting i can change to resolve this issue? Thks
in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Which Word version?
What happens when you try?
Is the date inserted by means of a field?
What sort of field?

inenewbl wrote:
Hi all. I am unable to change the date found in the footer for the
existing word document. Is there any setting i can change to resolve
this issue? Thks in advance.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

inenewbl wrote:
Hi all. I am unable to change the date found in the footer for the
existing word document. Is there any setting i can change to resolve
this issue? Thks in advance.

Hi, thks for reply
1) word version is 2003
2) after i try to change the date in footer, when i go to print preview or
print out the actual document, the date goes back to the original date.
3)no idea abt the ans
4)no idea abt the ans

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It seems you have some type of field in the footer - the type of which will
determine what is displayed.

Press ALT+F9 to toggle the display of the field construction/display.

A {DATE} field will always display the system date of the PC

A {CREATEDATE} field will always display the date the document or template
was created, but documents created from a template containing a CREATEDATE
field will always display the dates *they* were created.

These are the two common types. There are other date fields, the nature of
which is evidenced by their names.

Switching to Print Preview will update the fields.

If you open the footer view, you can select and delete the field and replace
it with plain text or a more appropriate field type to give you the result
you want.

inenewbl wrote:
Hi all. I am unable to change the date found in the footer for the
existing word document. Is there any setting i can change to resolve
this issue? Thks in advance.

Hi, thks for reply
1) word version is 2003
2) after i try to change the date in footer, when i go to print
preview or print out the actual document, the date goes back to the
original date. 3)no idea abt the ans
4)no idea abt the ans

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Activate the header/footer area, select the date and then press Shift+F9;
this will show the field code.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP