Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
sandy sandy is offline

Default Align Text

I am creating a table that is typed in 1.5 line spacing (not single spacing).
I want the text to align on the botton line. If I select align to the bottom
it is not working. How do I do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
firemanjbinpa firemanjbinpa is offline

The .5 in your 1.5 line spacing prevents this. The only way i know to do
this is to type your text into the table in single spacing, then go back and
hit return at the end of each line of text. Once you have one full space
between the lines of text, highlight each empty line of and change the font
size of each empty line to half the size of your text. If you use this
method, whenyou format cells, it will let you align to the bottom.

"sandy" wrote:

I am creating a table that is typed in 1.5 line spacing (not single spacing).
I want the text to align on the botton line. If I select align to the bottom
it is not working. How do I do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Instead of using 1.5-line spacing, try using Exact line spacing of, say
18-20 points. This will add the space above the lines instead of below.

"sandy" wrote in message
I am creating a table that is typed in 1.5 line spacing (not single

spacing).
I want the text to align on the botton line. If I select align to the

bottom
it is not working. How do I do this?

text align technewsguy Microsoft Word Help 1 July 7th 07 04:03 AM
Align text sylvia Page Layout 6 September 4th 06 05:38 PM
How to right align text but left align lines on first character? mscertified Microsoft Word Help 1 August 10th 06 09:48 PM
align right on text User Microsoft Word Help 5 April 12th 06 04:16 AM
How do you re-align all "tabulated" text? RC Microsoft Word Help 9 February 8th 05 03:47 PM