Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
landman landman is offline

Default No Letter Wizard in Office 2007

I recently purchased Office 2007, and much to my dismay, there is no Letter
Wizard in Outlook, and all references are to Word under Mail Merge. It seems
as of Microsoft chose to fix something that wasn't broke.

Would like some suggestions as to the best way to deal with this. Can the
Letter Wizard be moved from my Office 2003 and used as a macro (I'm hoping
more than believing). Is a template the best solution?

I use Outlook 95% of the time, and the ability to prepare a letter from a
contact was invaluable to me.

Thoughts or suggestions would be most appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Landman,

The Word wizards from previous versions have been discontinued after Word 2003. You can use the older one from a prior version as
long as you have the Letter.wiz template file..

Perhaps one of the macro guru folks here might be able to see if the Letter Wizard can be modified to call different Word templates
and comment on that here, if it may be apossible to use new format Word templates that are renamed to the old names below, but
using the 'new styles and themes of Word 2007), but otherwise you may need to have the other Letter Wizard related files from a
prior Word version.

contemporary letter.dot,
elegant letter.dot,
professional letter,dot,
contMltr.dot,
elegM.ltr.dot,
profMltr.dot,
contAltr.dot,
elegAltr.dot,
profAltr.dot.

I've also not tried it with Outlook 2007 in the picture to see how that will work. Outlook 2007 uses its own clone (subset) of Word
2007 as the email editor rather than Word itself as in prior versions.

--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP