Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
dvya dvya is offline

Default Form Field

I have created a protected form. i am trying to figure out how to get word
2007 not to print "click here to enter text" when there is no value entered
into the field.

Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

There was a lot to be said for the old Word form fields which worked
differently from the fields you have inserted from the Controls tools in
Word 2007. If you add the Insert Form Field tool to the QAT you can insert
the old type of form fields into your protected form (all from the same
button). These only have the default text that you provide and work just as
they did in earlier versions.

dvya wrote:
I have created a protected form. i am trying to figure out how to get
word 2007 not to print "click here to enter text" when there is no
value entered into the field.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Shirley Shirley is offline

I am having the same problem. But, I am a bit confused by your answer. Does
this mean that you can't achieve this in the new version of Word? I also
want to have a protected form print without printing any default text in case
a user does not enter data in a certain form field. But...what is the QAT??
Sorry for my ignorance, but I do not know.

--
Shirley