Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
BJRinehart BJRinehart is offline

Default Word 2007 only inserts the current month when I start typing -

Is there some setting we are missing? I have looked all thru AutoCorrect and
don't see anything.

It will complete the month, ie. Octo to October but then when I hit the
spacebar, nothing.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Verify that the correct language is applied to text.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"BJRinehart" wrote in message
Is there some setting we are missing? I have looked all thru AutoCorrect
and
don't see anything.

It will complete the month, ie. Octo to October but then when I hit the
spacebar, nothing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
djprius djprius is offline

Although BJ doesn't directly say so, I think the issue is that BJ
expects the full current date to show as the AutoCorrect entry when he
starts typing the current month. In Word 2007 (and maybe other
versions, too), one would need to type the 'October [space]" before,
say, 'October 9, 2007' shows as the AutoCorrect entry. As BJ says, if
one types "octo", the AutoCorrect entry supplies just the month.

Is there a way, *without* a macro, to have the AutoCorrect entry give
the full current date if one types just the first 4 letters of the month?

David

**************************************

Verify that the correct language is applied to text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

I don't see a way to get Word insert the full date immediately. But the OP
wrote that he or she did see AutoComplete for the month, but not for the
date and year (even after typing a space), which is why I suggested looking
at the language, since date formats are different in different languages.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Stefan Blom wrote:
Verify that the correct language is applied to text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

AutoComplete for dates has been a bit flakey for several versions. What I
have found is once you complete the month, press the Spacebar, Backspace,
then press the Spacebar again and you should see the suggestion to complete
the current date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"BJRinehart" wrote in message
Is there some setting we are missing? I have looked all thru AutoCorrect
and
don't see anything.

It will complete the month, ie. Octo to October but then when I hit the
spacebar, nothing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Thank you for explaining this, which I've never seen myself (probably
because it's a date format I never use :-) ).

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Beth Melton" wrote in message ...
AutoComplete for dates has been a bit flakey for several versions. What I
have found is once you complete the month, press the Spacebar, Backspace,
then press the Spacebar again and you should see the suggestion to
complete the current date.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Coauthor of Word 2007 Inside Out:

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/

"BJRinehart" wrote in message
Is there some setting we are missing? I have looked all thru AutoCorrect
and
don't see anything.

It will complete the month, ie. Octo to October but then when I hit the
spacebar, nothing.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

I'm not sure if that was much of an explanation but rather the only way I
can seem to make it work. :-)

If I'm not mistaken, the non-English US language settings have even more
problems with some of the formats you want to use when it comes to
AutoComplete. sigh

"Stefan Blom" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

If I'm not mistaken, the non-English US language settings have even more
problems with some of the formats you want to use when it comes to
AutoComplete. sigh

I guess I have been lucky, then... :-)

More importantly, I don't rely on AutoComplete that much (not since it was
removed for AutoText, that is).