Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Default e-mailing a scanned Word document

When I send a scanned Word document as an attachment to an e-mail the
recipient tells me the document doesn't show up in its entirety and they get
a blank page. How do I resolve this problem.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bill-Hayward[_2_] Bill-Hayward[_2_] is offline

I recommend you do some more testing. Send it to yourself and see if you have
the same problem. Do you have a work email account? Do you have a home email
account? Do you have a yahoo or other account? Send the attachment to all
your accounts, your home, your work, your yahoo account. If you don't have a
yahoo account, set one up to test it.

Send it to yourself as an attachment to test it, then log on to that account
and see if YOU can see the attachment correctly.

Possible answers: Maybe that one person doesn't know how to receive/view
attachments, or maybe their computer is doing something weird to it. Or maybe
your computer is doing something wrong in the sending.

Questions: Are you on a Mac or Windows? What program are you using to send
it? Thru what IPS or email account? What program is your friend using to view
the file? Are they on a Mac or Windows?

Something to try: When they try to open or view the file; tell them to Save
the file to disk, then open it separately. Maybe Internet Explorer can't
open/view it correctly.

Bill

"Pat" wrote:

When I send a scanned Word document as an attachment to an e-mail the
recipient tells me the document doesn't show up in its entirety and they get
a blank page. How do I resolve this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

The document I send is a 4 page newsletter (Word documents) with one ad page
consisting of 8 business cards which I scan into Word, photocopy and scan
into a new Word document. The first time I sent it I just copied and pasted
each businesscard (which I had copied into Word) onto the page but they
arrived with individual ads all over the place, which is why I tried putting
them all on one page in Word and photocopying it before scanning it into the
newsletter. The newsletter is intact except for the scanned ad page.
All 40 of the people experience the same "off the page" ad page. They can
see a bit of text at the top and they can actually put their cursor on the
text and move it into the blank page. They do not all have the same ISP. I
send it to myself and it arrives completely intact, as sent. I have Windows
XP. The e-mail is sent in Outlook Express. Sorry to be so lengthy.

"Pat" wrote:

When I send a scanned Word document as an attachment to an e-mail the
recipient tells me the document doesn't show up in its entirety and they get
a blank page. How do I resolve this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The formatting requirements of HTML e-mail and Word documents are entirely
different and rarely directly transferrable. You best best is to convert the
document to PDF format and send it as an attachment.

"Pat" wrote:

When I send a scanned Word document as an attachment to an e-mail
the recipient tells me the document doesn't show up in its entirety
and they get a blank page. How do I resolve this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Thanks. I know nothing about pdf format but probably can find out how to do
it. But will the recipients need something special on their computers to
enable them to read that particular document?

"Pat" wrote:

When I send a scanned Word document as an attachment to an e-mail
the recipient tells me the document doesn't show up in its entirety
and they get a blank page. How do I resolve this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

To read PDF files, recipients will need a reader program. By now almost everyone
has the free Adobe Acrobat Reader
(http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.html) or a similar reader (look
through http://www.google.com/search?q=pdf+reader+free).

To create PDF, if you have Word 2007 you can download a free add-in from
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...9-A2E79ED87041.
For earlier versions of Word, you can get third-party add-ins such as PrimoPDF
(http://www.primopdf.com/) or PDF995 (http://www.pdf995.com/). There are also
online services such as http://www.pdfonline.com/ where you can submit a Word
file and receive the PDF output.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

"Pat" wrote:

When I send a scanned Word document as an attachment to an e-mail
the recipient tells me the document doesn't show up in its entirety
and they get a blank page. How do I resolve this problem.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Pat is offline

Problem solved. Thanks Jay. I submitted the troublesome document to the free
on-line service you mentioned. How easy was that. Thanks again.