Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
spudit2008 spudit2008 is offline

Default how can i backup my work in a separate folder/drive?

i have a new laptop and it has an SD card reader which i have put a card in
so i dont need to backup my work by carrying around a USB pen drive with me.
but as im really lazy and often close my work in a hurry i was wondering if
it was possible to auto save my work to the SD card everytime i clicked save
when working on it from my HDD. i basically want to use the backup function,
but to a different location in case the worse happens and the laptop dies or
something.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You should not save the document to any form of removable media, (though I
guess if you had a 16GB SD card that might not apply).

See the "Save a backup and copy to removable media" section and the one
following it on the following page of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website at:

http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.