SS

Default Normal.dot template

My template has changed, how do I get the default back? When you open Word,
the normal document margin is set all the way to the top of the page. How do
I create a new normal.dot and set as the default so when I open Word, it will
be correct?

garfield-n-odie

If you are saying that you have no top or bottom margin in Print Layout
view, you can fix that by clicking on Tools | Options | View | check the
"White space between pages" box | OK.

SS wrote:

My template has changed, how do I get the default back? When you open Word,
the normal document margin is set all the way to the top of the page. How do
I create a new normal.dot and set as the default so when I open Word, it will
be correct?

ez_rider

When I open a new document in Word the openning page already has text on it.
How can I get back the Normal.dot page? What directly is Normal.dot in?
Thank you
ez_rider

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

you're most welcome :-)

See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm

"ez_rider" wrote in message
When I open a new document in Word the openning page already has text on

it.
How can I get back the Normal.dot page? What directly is Normal.dot in?
Thank you
ez_rider

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

you're most welcome :-)

SS wrote:

My template has changed, how do I get the default back? When you open

Word,
the normal document margin is set all the way to the top of the page.

How do
I create a new normal.dot and set as the default so when I open Word,

it will
be correct?

Charles Kenyon

See http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/AppErr...ocNotBlank.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"ez_rider" wrote in message
When I open a new document in Word the openning page already has text on
it.
How can I get back the Normal.dot page? What directly is Normal.dot in?
Thank you
ez_rider

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

you're most welcome :-)

SS wrote:

My template has changed, how do I get the default back? When you open
Word,
the normal document margin is set all the way to the top of the page.
How do
I create a new normal.dot and set as the default so when I open Word,
it will
be correct?

Mark Sherman

This worked for me. Thanks !!

"ez_rider" wrote in message
When I open a new document in Word the openning page already has text on

it.
How can I get back the Normal.dot page? What directly is Normal.dot in?
Thank you
ez_rider

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

you're most welcome :-)

SS wrote:

My template has changed, how do I get the default back? When you open

Word,
the normal document margin is set all the way to the top of the page.

How do
I create a new normal.dot and set as the default so when I open Word,

it will
be correct?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
tornado

"ez_rider" wrote:

When I open a new document in Word the openning page already has text on it.
How can I get back the Normal.dot page? What directly is Normal.dot in?
Thank you
ez_rider

"garfield-n-odie" wrote:

you're most welcome :-)