Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
JP JP is offline

Default How to prevent Word Or Outlook From Replaceing Apostrophes

In Office 2007, I can't figure out how to stop word from replacing a normal
apostrophe into a smart apostrophe or whatever the office programmers are
calling it nowadays. It's replacing ASCII 0039 ' with ASCII 0146 . How can I
prevent word from making this change? I've tried setting the auto correct
options to replace ASCII 0039 ' with ASCII 0039 ' and it doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Office button, Word Options, Proofing tab, AutoCorrect Options button,
AutoFormat as you Type tab.
--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Have you disabled the appropriate check box in the "AutoFormat As You
Type"
dialog (wherever that may now be)?

so
all may benefit.

"JP" wrote in message
In Office 2007, I can't figure out how to stop word from replacing a

normal
apostrophe into a smart apostrophe or whatever the office programmers are
calling it nowadays. It's replacing ASCII 0039 ' with ASCII 0146 . How

can I
prevent word from making this change? I've tried setting the auto correct
options to replace ASCII 0039 ' with ASCII 0039 ' and it doesn't work.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Thanks, Herb.

"Herb Tyson [MVP]" wrote in message
Office button, Word Options, Proofing tab, AutoCorrect Options button,
AutoFormat as you Type tab.
--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible
Blog: http://word2007bible.herbtyson.com
Web: http://www.herbtyson.com

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Have you disabled the appropriate check box in the "AutoFormat As You
Type"
dialog (wherever that may now be)?

newsgroup
so