Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Jim Tortorelli Jim Tortorelli is offline

Default Why can't I delete a format

There is a format shown in the "styles and formatting" side bar when I
specify "available formatting" thas is named "Normal + Centered, Space
Befo 2 pt, After: 2 pt"
It says it is in use in 1 place but will not go anywhere when I select
"Select all 1 instance(s)".
If I try to delete it it asks if I am sure then seems to accept the
confirmation, but does not delete it.
Any ideas what this is?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
Klaus Linke Klaus Linke is offline

"Jim Tortorelli" wrote:
There is a format shown in the "styles and formatting" side bar when I
specify "available formatting" thas is named "Normal + Centered, Space
Befo 2 pt, After: 2 pt"
It says it is in use in 1 place but will not go anywhere when I select
"Select all 1 instance(s)".
If I try to delete it it asks if I am sure then seems to accept the
confirmation, but does not delete it.
Any ideas what this is?

Hi Jim,

Do you perhaps have tables with merged cells?

Word remembers the format of cells that don't really exist any more.
If you split the merged cell again, the format magically reappears.

Regards,
Klaus

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

Hello Jim

Jim Tortorelli wrote:
There is a format shown in the "styles and formatting" side bar when I
specify "available formatting" thas is named "Normal + Centered, Space
Befo 2 pt, After: 2 pt"
It says it is in use in 1 place but will not go anywhere when I select
"Select all 1 instance(s)".
If I try to delete it it asks if I am sure then seems to accept the
confirmation, but does not delete it.
Any ideas what this is?

another thought: there are unresolved TrackedChanges in this document
and the formatting is part of a right now invisible one?

2cents
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS