Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs
April[_2_] April[_2_] is offline

Default Batch conversion of font attributes in multiple DOC files

Does anyone have recommendations for how to batch convert existing DOC files
that have font attributes that I want to see changed? For instance, let's
say I have 30 DOC files in a folder, and I want to change the font face
"Arial" with "Times Roman" in ALL of the DOCs. Is there a tool that will do
the conversion in a batch process as opposed to having to open each DOC file
and perform alot of editing within the DOC? Likewise, the tool would have
to change the font height, from let's say wherever a font 12 is found to
font size 10.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.formatting.longdocs

A response to this question has been provided to your identical post in the
programming newsgroup. Please do not post the same question separately to
multiple newsgroups. Instead, place the newsgroup names of all of the
newsgroups that you think might be appropriate into the header of the one
message. If you do that, an answer in one of those newsgroups will
automatically appear in all of them and it will:

1. Make it easier for you to find the response - you only have to look in
one place

2. Eliminate the possibility of a person answering a question in one
newsgroup that has already be answered in another.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP