Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
whitecat whitecat is offline

Default Formatting Within Table Row

MS Office Word 2003.
I have been spending all this week (4 days total) trying to format my table
containing rows - to show totals on a survey. Sample of one row (please note
- row does not copy/paste to this question forum so assume one row of cells
across Word document with the following cells):
--No wait
--1 to 10 minutes
--11 to 20 minutes
--21 to 30 minutes
--31 to 60 minutes
--More than 1 hour
These are waiting times in doctors' offices. I want to total patient
surveys for each category within the cell. No wait cell up to 20 minutes
cell needs to each be followed with a numerical character showing a total in
bold green (yay!) in each of its cell. Wait 21minutes to more than 1 hour
needs to each be followed with a numerical character showing a total in bold
red (boo!) in each of its cell. I am totaling 1,050 data points for a
practice of 69 doctors so I want to re-open a blank document (template) 69
times to enter individual survey results for each doctor and have the
conditional format always populating bold green or bold red. I have 15
questions with a row of various cells for each quetion needing this
operation. Thanks!

--
Wishing you all the best!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

It is not clear from your post where the sub-totals should appear

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"whitecat" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

This sounds like a job for Excel, where all the functions and a lot more that
you can use in this exercise are available.
All the best
DeanH

"whitecat" wrote:

[...]

Table Formatting sturner333 Microsoft Word Help 0 November 8th 07 04:28 PM
Formatting Table Splits Table spartan76_98 Tables 4 August 15th 07 11:51 AM
What to do about changes in formatting within a table. Emerald53 Tables 6 February 14th 06 05:21 PM
Formatting a Table mattie Tables 3 July 13th 05 10:55 PM
Formatting within a table MH Tables 2 March 21st 05 05:27 PM