Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
L. Roper L. Roper is offline

Default Disable Automatic Resize in Word Tables 2007

How can I make the box unchecked as the default? This is driving me nuts!!

Also, is there a way to "float" the borders on/off as you could in 2003?

Thanks in advance for your help,
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

If by box you mean the borders, you can use table normal instead of table
grid as your default table style for all tables based on your template (such
as normal.dotm). Tables will be created without borders--but of course you
can add them when wanted. You cannot modify table normal, so if you want
other setting changes in every new table, create a new table style and make
that the default.

If by "float the borders" you mean show or not show nonprinting gridlines,
look in the table format tab table group View gridlines.

Pam

L. Roper wrote:
How can I make the box unchecked as the default? This is driving me nuts!!

Also, is there a way to "float" the borders on/off as you could in 2003?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
L. Roper L. Roper is offline

I appologize. I should have been more clear. I am trying to make the defalt
for "Resizing tables to fit contents" unchecked. It is under table
properties / options.

The other thing I was talking about was in 2003 you could "pull" the borders
off the toolbar and have them float on the screen.

Thank you very much for your help.

L. Roper wrote:
How can I make the box unchecked as the default? This is driving me nuts!!

Also, is there a way to "float" the borders on/off as you could in 2003?

Thanks in advance for your help,

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you're referring to the Borders and Tables toolbar, no, there are no
floating or tear-off toolbars in Word 2007.

http://word.mvps.org