Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
RoxSn RoxSn is offline

Default Font keeps changing to New York

This is driving me crazy. We are using a single cell table cell like a text
box with a box border around it and text in the cell. The problem is that
every time I close the document and reopen it, the text in the table cells
changes to New York font. There are other regular tables and they are fine;
only the single-cell tables change. I've tried creating a text style but it
will say it is that style but change to New York font. I've made a table
style in the gallery with Verdana 9pt for the "Whole table" and it still
changes to New York. Can anyone tell me WHY it is doing this and how to make
it stay Verdana 9pt? The Normal style is Verdana 10pt. New York font is not
used anywhere in the document. I've "based" the table style on Table Normal
and Table Grid but it makes no difference. I can't think of anything else to
try! We are trying to make this document 508 compliant, so we can't have
empty cells or I'd add some blank ones to see if it would help. Text boxes
and framed text are not allowed either, which is why we're using single-cell
tables.

Thanks in advance for any help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Table styles and fonts are unpredictable in Word, unfortunately. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/tablestyles/index.html.

If you are using Word 2007, you can try changing the default font: In the
Styles pane (click Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), click the Manage Styles button. On the
Set Defaults tab, pick the desired font. When you are done, click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

news