Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Eric Eric is offline

Default Can I modify a std table styles so heading rows keep with next

--
Eric Fisher
United ERP, LLC
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Yes. The table style dialog allows you to set paragraph properties.

Pam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Eric Eric is offline

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, however, I am not sure how to implement your
solution.

What I am trying to doe is be able to use the quick table styles on the
ribbon bar to format a LOT of tables each with one click.

I have figured out that I can highlight the header row; click on paragraph
formatting and check keep with next; then go to the ribbon bar click on
design and click heading row repeat, but this is a lot of steps for each
table.

I would really like to setup a table style on the ribbon bar so I could do
this all with one click.

Is this possible?

--
Eric Fisher
United ERP, LLC

"Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com" wrote:

Yes. The table style dialog allows you to set paragraph properties.

Pam

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com Pamelia Caswell via OfficeKB.com is offline

Eric,
Table styles appear on the table design tab. The only style type that can
hold the Repeat heading row setting is the table style. Table styles can
also hold the Keep with next setting.

****But before you change a table style, check document defaults (manage
styles defaults tab) and make sure that the settings for font face,
alignment, spacing, and space after are the settings you have in the normal
paragraph style and are what you want for your regular document text. Then,
in normal the only difference should be widow/orphan control and quick style.
My normal paragraph style description looks like this:
Font: (Default) Cambria, Left, Line spacing: single, Widow/Orphan control,
Style: Quick Style.
The defaults/normal ppg style adjustment just fixes it so normal won't
override what you set in the table style.

To determine what table style your tables are in, put the cursor in a table
then click the down arrow at the bottom left of the table styles gallery.
The table style icon with the orange halo is the table style for that table.
Right click that icon and choose modify. The default table style for W2007
is table grid. If the tool tip identifies that as the table style , it is
likely that all your tables are in that style.

In the "apply formatting to" dropdown, choose "Header row".
Click the Format button (lower left) Table properties Row tab repeat
as header row at the top of each page.
Click OK back to the modify style dialog. Then click Format Line and page
break tab keep with next. Click OK until you are back in the document.

All the tables should be affected by the new style settings.

If your document was created in W2003, the default table style may be table
normal. In W2007, table normal cannot be modified. You'd need to modify
the table grid style (or create a new style based on it) and then apply it to
the tables.

HTH,
Pam