Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Debbie Debbie is offline

Default Table Formatting Issues

I have a document that consists only of a table. At page 21, the formatting
starts becoming erratic. The borders at the bottom of the cells are
increasingly being pushed down and filled in with white space. On the last
page of the document I now have a large chunk of space that is not available
to type in. I've checked the document as best I can and can't figure it out.
I'm not seeing anything out of the ordinary in format characters, etc.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Does the table contain footnotes? From your mention of "cells," I assume you
have more than one row? Word is never happy with very long tables but can
cause considerable problems with long single-row tables, and if a row
contains footnote references, there can be additional ramifications.

http://word.mvps.org