Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Andrew B[_2_] Andrew B[_2_] is offline

Default Paste from Excel behaves differently for two users

Hi all,

This has really got me stumped - two users each copy and paste from an Excel
spreadsheet into a Word document to bring tables of data over, but each
receives different results. This is all using Office 2003.

When user A pastes the table into Word, his row height is set to "8.75pt"
which is how they want the tables to look (note - this height is narrower
than the actual row height in Excel, but doesn't seem to matter).

However, when user B pastes the same table into Word, the height of the rows
is "13.6pt" (the height of the row in Excel is very close to this, 13.5pt).
The cell margins were different too, but I've tried this morning and that
doesn't seem to be happening now (for the meantime, anyway!).

I've looked everywhere I can think of, and have not find where and how this
difference is occuring. They're working from the exact same files, as this
is a job user A has been doing, and is passing over to user B to do from now
on. They want it to work as it does for user A, and going through the
document manually changing hundreds of tables to the correct row height isn't
the answer they want to hear.

Any thoughts? I'm really stuck on this issue, thanks in advance for any
advice you can give.