Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Ben K Ben K is offline

Default In Mail Merge how do I get rid of empty fields?

Hi,
Using Windows Xp I have created a mail merge in word from an Excel
spreadsheet.
I have 5 address columns in my data, but some records only have data in 2 or
3 of these fields. My labels appear with spaces where these fields are empty.
How do I close these gaps?

Thanks

Ben
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You can conditionally merge the fields and their associated line breaks eg

{Mergefield Field1}{IF {Mergefield Field2} "" "¶
{Mergefield Field2}"}{IF {Mergefield Field3} "" "¶
{Mergefield Field3}"}{IF {Mergefield Field4} "" "¶
{Mergefield Field2}"}etc

Change the field names as appropriate and press the enter key only where you
see ¶