Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
sm22 sm22 is offline

Default How do I set up a mail merge on a document other than a letter?

I need to merge a legal document that is not a letter with a group of
addresses. Can this be done
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Yes, mail merge can be use not just for letters. The distinguishing feature
of a letter type mail merge is that if the merge is executed to a printer,
the document containing the data from each record in the data source will
commence on a new page; if the merge is executed to a new document, that
document will contain next page section breaks to separate the text and data
for each record from that for the next record.

In a directory type mail merge, which can only be executed to a new
document, the only thing that will separate the text and data for each
record is whatever was inserted into the mail merge main document for that
purpose.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.