Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MaxJP MaxJP is offline

Default In Word 2007, my table is treated as several joined tables

I know this, because although the table looks like a single table, "Select
Table" only selects certain groups of rows (depending where the cursor is).
The table in question had been edited extensively, with cutting and pasting
of rows.

The problem which arises is that at the intersections between these
apparently joined tables, the width of the cell border lines is doubled and
won't respond to any effort to change it.

How can I get Word to treat the apparently spliced tables as a single table?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

Make sure that all of the tables are inline (text wrapping set to "None" on
the Table tab of Table Properties) and that no rows in the middle of the
table are formatted as heading rows.

That said, I have experienced this as well (once) and, after trying
everything I knew to do, had to give up and just paste the content from each
"detached" table into new rows added to the end of the first one.

http://word.mvps.org