Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Delta223 Delta223 is offline

Default Mail merge will not print!

Hi,

I am having problems trying to print address labels (the standard Avery 5160
variety) Here is an example file + excel data sheet used for the mail merge:

http://www.filedropper.com/12509testmailmerge2

You will notice that the labels have been set as the correct size (Avery
5160) and the excel data seems to display correctly.

However, it will not print. We have tried printing on 3 different printers
without success. On one of the pritners that had an LCD, the error message on
the printer said "FEED LETTER." One the otehr 2 printers the error light just
went on.

Any idea what the problem is? I am using Word and Excel 2007 on WIndows 7.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Avery 5160 is a letter size label. Possibly your printers are setup to use
A4 as the default paper size.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Delta223" wrote in message
Hi,

I am having problems trying to print address labels (the standard Avery
5160
variety) Here is an example file + excel data sheet used for the mail
merge:

http://www.filedropper.com/12509testmailmerge2

You will notice that the labels have been set as the correct size (Avery
5160) and the excel data seems to display correctly.

However, it will not print. We have tried printing on 3 different printers
without success. On one of the pritners that had an LCD, the error message
on
the printer said "FEED LETTER." One the otehr 2 printers the error light
just
went on.

Any idea what the problem is? I am using Word and Excel 2007 on WIndows 7.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Delta223 Delta223 is offline

I print on 8.5 x 11" sheets of paper all the time so i can't imagine this to
be the problem, but how can I check this?

"Delta223" wrote in message
Hi,

I am having problems trying to print address labels (the standard Avery
5160
variety) Here is an example file + excel data sheet used for the mail
merge:

http://www.filedropper.com/12509testmailmerge2

You will notice that the labels have been set as the correct size (Avery
5160) and the excel data seems to display correctly.

However, it will not print. We have tried printing on 3 different printers
without success. On one of the pritners that had an LCD, the error message
on
the printer said "FEED LETTER." One the otehr 2 printers the error light
just
went on.

Any idea what the problem is? I am using Word and Excel 2007 on WIndows 7.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try executing the merge to a new document and then print that document onto
label stock.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Avery 5160 is a letter size label. Possibly your printers are setup to
use
A4 as the default paper size.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.

"Delta223" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Delta223 Delta223 is offline

Hi,

Thanks, unfortunately it didn't work. I'm about ready to give up on the word
mail merge

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I downloaded your files and have executed the merge with absolutely no
problems. If you send me your email address, I will send you the result as
either a Word document or a .pdf file.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Delta223" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks, unfortunately it didn't work. I'm about ready to give up on the
word
mail merge

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Delta223 Delta223 is offline

Hi, please send it to me (doc or docx format) I want to see if I can print it
using any modifications you've done. this will help me narrow in on the
problem