Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
camrusso camrusso is offline

Default How to print double labels side by side

In the layout of my labels, how do I print double labels? (The same
label twice side by side) I want to do this with each different
label (All labels twice, side by side).
I have seen this question in the database already, but the solution was to
remove Next Record from every other label. I have tried this numerous times
and it does not create double labels/side by side. It only prints 1 of each
label. I am using Word 2003. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Cheryl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi camrusso,

Bookmark the set of fields for the first label, then, on the second label, delete the mailmerge fields and insert a cross-reference
to the bookmark. Repeat for each label pair, using a different bookmark and cross-reference each time.

--
Cheers
macropod

"camrusso" wrote in message ...
In the layout of my labels, how do I print double labels? (The same
label twice side by side) I want to do this with each different
label (All labels twice, side by side).
I have seen this question in the database already, but the solution was to
remove Next Record from every other label. I have tried this numerous times
and it does not create double labels/side by side. It only prints 1 of each
label. I am using Word 2003. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Cheryl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Having prepared the merge document with the fields propagated to all cells,
and removed the Next record fields from each of the cells in the right
column, change the merge document type to 'letter' so that mail merge will
not re-insert the Next record fields. Then run the merge. The record will
change with each next record field iun the first column so that the right
column will contain the same result as the adjacent cells in the left
column.

"camrusso" wrote in message
In the layout of my labels, how do I print double labels? (The same
label twice side by side) I want to do this with each different
label (All labels twice, side by side).
I have seen this question in the database already, but the solution was to
remove Next Record from every other label. I have tried this numerous
times
and it does not create double labels/side by side. It only prints 1 of
each
label. I am using Word 2003. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Cheryl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Graham,

Yes, that's somewhat simpler than my solution!

--
Cheers
macropod

"camrusso" wrote in message
In the layout of my labels, how do I print double labels? (The same
label twice side by side) I want to do this with each different
label (All labels twice, side by side).
I have seen this question in the database already, but the solution was to
remove Next Record from every other label. I have tried this numerous
times
and it does not create double labels/side by side. It only prints 1 of
each
label. I am using Word 2003. Any ideas?
Thanks,
Cheryl

Margaret9121 Margaret9121 is offline
Junior Member

In this article, we'll explore the importance of fertilizer for peppers and tomatoes and provide tips on how to choose the right fertilizer for your plants.Why Fertilizer is Important for Peppers and Tomatoes. what fertilizer is best for blueberries

AaronRamsdale AaronRamsdale is offline
Junior Member

In Microsoft Word 2003, to print double labels (the same label twice side by side) for each different label, you can use the "Mail Merge" feature with a little adjustment. fnf