Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
iris iris is offline

Default Every second record missing when merged

I'm working with Office 2007 and have used an older version of a merge
document and have made a new one as well. In both documents, every second
record when merged is missing. I have not placed a {next} or {next record}
manually after the records. We have tried everything and are at wit's end as
we need to display all our data. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you say that there are no Next Record fields in the main document, then
we would have to assume that is correct and the only thing that I can
suggest is that you send me a copy of the document to look at to see if I
can determine what is happening.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"iris" wrote in message
I'm working with Office 2007 and have used an older version of a merge
document and have made a new one as well. In both documents, every second
record when merged is missing. I have not placed a {next} or {next
record}
manually after the records. We have tried everything and are at wit's end
as
we need to display all our data. Please help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
seb nerds seb nerds is offline

Default Had the same problem, solved it

Simply, an extra next record tag I didn't need caused me to loose every second record. I had not realised that Word automatically assumes a next record when it progresses to the next page.

iri wrote:

Every second record missing when merged
09-Feb-09

I'm working with Office 2007 and have used an older version of a merge
document and have made a new one as well. In both documents, every second
record when merged is missing. I have not placed a {next} or {next record}
manually after the records. We have tried everything and are at wit's end as
we need to display all our data. Please help.

On Monday, February 09, 2009 3:19 PM
iri wrote:

Every second record missing when merged
I'm working with Office 2007 and have used an older version of a merge
document and have made a new one as well. In both documents, every second
record when merged is missing. I have not placed a {next} or {next record}
manually after the records. We have tried everything and are at wit's end as
we need to display all our data. Please help.

On Monday, February 09, 2009 7:44 PM
Doug Robbins - Word MVP wrote:

If you say that there are no Next Record fields in the main document, then we
If you say that there are no Next Record fields in the main document, then
we would have to assume that is correct and the only thing that I can
suggest is that you send me a copy of the document to look at to see if I
can determine what is happening.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.