Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldManEd[_2_] OldManEd[_2_] is offline

Default Word 2007 Margins

I have Word 2007 installed on 2 computers, both running Windows 7 Home
Premium.

In one I can display margins; in the other I cannot.

How/where do I turn 'display margins' on??

OldlEd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

If you are referrring to the top and bottom margins, either move the mouse
cursor to the top of the page until the cursor turns into vertically opposed
arrows and a tip "Double click to show white space" appears or, click on the
Office button and then on Word Options and then on Display and check the box
for "Show white space between pages in Print Layout view"

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.

"OldManEd" wrote in message
I have Word 2007 installed on 2 computers, both running Windows 7 Home
Premium.

In one I can display margins; in the other I cannot.

How/where do I turn 'display margins' on??

OldlEd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldManEd[_2_] OldManEd[_2_] is offline

This is not the solution!!!

I want to 'see' the margins, especially in a new, blank document. This
happens for one of my Word 2007 installation but not for the other.
OldEd

If you are referrring to the top and bottom margins, either move the mouse
cursor to the top of the page until the cursor turns into vertically
opposed arrows and a tip "Double click to show white space" appears or,
click on the Office button and then on Word Options and then on Display
and check the box for "Show white space between pages in Print Layout
view"

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Please reply only to the newsgroups unless you wish to obtain my services
on
a paid professional basis.

"OldManEd" wrote in message
I have Word 2007 installed on 2 computers, both running Windows 7 Home
Premium.

In one I can display margins; in the other I cannot.

How/where do I turn 'display margins' on??

OldlEd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

The article in question has been updated for Word 2007, but I think what you
are asking for is "Text boundaries," which displays the margins and other
text boundaries as a dotted line. That is found at Office Button | Word
Options | Advanced: Show document content: Show text boundaries.

http://word.mvps.org

OldManEd wrote:
I have Word 2007 installed on 2 computers, both running Windows 7 Home
Premium.

In one I can display margins; in the other I cannot.

How/where do I turn 'display margins' on??

OldlEd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
OldManEd[_2_] OldManEd[_2_] is offline

Thank You!! That worked. That option is misplaced. Should be under 'Display'
not 'Advanced.'
OldEd

OldManEd wrote:
I have Word 2007 installed on 2 computers, both running Windows 7 Home
Premium.

In one I can display margins; in the other I cannot.

How/where do I turn 'display margins' on??

OldlEd

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

There are many options under Advanced that should be under Display;
apparently the designers didn't want to "clutter" Display with options they
thought few users would use.

http://word.mvps.org