Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gary Gary Gary Gary is offline

Default Word Wrap: Where is it in Word 2007?

I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
View. Suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 18:55:28 -0600, "Gary Gary"
wrote:

I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
View. Suggestions?

The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic
in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken.

What are you trying to achieve? If it's to write lines of text that go
all the way across the Word window, instead of being constrained to
the text width implied by the page width and margins:

Go to Office button Word Options Advanced, in the "Show document
content" section, and check "Show text wrapped within the document
window". Back in the document, click the Draft button near the right
end of the status bar.

If your text is going wide and running off the side of the page and
you can't make it stay within the margins, that usually indicates some
corruption in the document. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gary Gary Gary Gary is offline

I have Googled and Googled and cannot find any page that tells me where
Word Wrap is. For such a basic feature you'd think it would be under
View. Suggestions?

The reason you aren't finding anything is that word wrap is automatic
in Word unless you turn it off, or possibly if something is broken.
What are you trying to achieve? If it's to write lines of text that go
all the way across the Word window, instead of being constrained to
the text width implied by the page width and margins:
Go to Office button Word Options Advanced, in the "Show document
content" section, and check "Show text wrapped within the document
window".

That seems to work perfectly! I need it not to wrap very occasionally.
Just with there was a quick keyboard shortcut. Oh well. Guess I'll need
some knowledge in the creating of macros to do that.

Back in the document, click the Draft button near the right
end of the status bar.

Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message Bar.
I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I can't
just right click it, Remove! No can do.

If your text is going wide and running off the side of the page and
you can't make it stay within the margins, that usually indicates some
corruption in the document. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/CorruptDoc.htm.

No corruption. Actually I'm surprised how smoothly MS Word 2007 is
running. I would recommend it highly to others - especially newbies as a
lot of things are a little different from 2003 so you're not relearning a
lot of stuff. It does seem to be laid out more intuitively. I bet
newcomers will catch on to this much faster than Word 2003.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That seems to work perfectly! I need it not to wrap very occasionally.

Excellent!

Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message Bar.
I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I can't
just right click it, Remove! No can do.

The bar at the bottom is the status bar. (There's a thing called the
"Message Bar", but it appears only if you open a document that
contains macros or was downloaded from the Internet, or something else
Word isn't happy about.)

If you right-click the blank area of the status bar, you should see a
popup menu that lets you choose from about 20 items it can display.
The only way to make it disappear, though, is to use Full Screen
Reading view.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:11:52 -0600, "Gary Gary"
wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gary Gary Gary Gary is offline

Don't know where the Status Bar is...guess I have it disabled.
There is a bar at the bottom but I thought that was called the Message
Bar. I'd love to know how to get rid of it. It displays nothing...yet I
can't
just right click it, Remove! No can do.

The bar at the bottom is the status bar. (There's a thing called the
"Message Bar", but it appears only if you open a document that
contains macros or was downloaded from the Internet, or something else
Word isn't happy about.)
If you right-click the blank area of the status bar, you should see a
popup menu that lets you choose from about 20 items it can display.
The only way to make it disappear, though, is to use Full Screen
Reading view.

Well maybe that's something we can look forward to in Word 2010. Thanks
for the info.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

You'll be disappointed then.