Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Default Placing words in parentheses

You can use find replace to accomplish what you wish.
Enter the Word or Phrase you want into the Find box.
Enter (^&) into the Replace box. The ^& represent the Find criteria and to
replace with exact the same, only now with parentheses.

Hope this helps
DeanH

"Island Girl" wrote:

I'm doing a long document in which the author puts lots of things in
parentheses. I'm certain that you know a way to highlight the word or phrase
and place it in parentheses a lot faster than I'm able to do it, and I'd
appreciate any help you can give me.

Thank you for this and all of your help through the years!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
DeanH DeanH is offline

Glad this worked for you.
You are welcome.