Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob Bioman Bob Bioman is offline

Default Mail Merging Forms

I'm running a mail merge to produce forms. These will be emailed to people who will have to check boxes and fill in a couple of fields.

The problem is if you want the box to just be checked without confusing the person with a dialog that opens you need to protect the fields in the doc. When protected if you click the boxes an X appears. If not protected a dialog box opens. I prefer the X to just appear.

The problem is there are a couple of fields that DO need to be filled in with text so I cannot protect the entire document. What's more you cannot protect the original form then use it as a mail merge template.

How can I allow the boxes be checked (without the end user seeing a dialog box - just click to check) and fields filled in when running 100 separate forms to people from a mail merge origninal?

A C# WaveOut API Player - Recorder Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...i-player-.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the article "Combining FormFields and Mail Merge" on the following page
of fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website:

http://www.gmayor.com/Form_Fields_and_Mail_Merge.htm

--
Hope this helps,