Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bob Bioman Bob Bioman is offline

Default Mail Merge Adds Blank Page at End of Each Doc

I have an odd problem. When I run a mail merge an extra blank page is added at the end of each document. In each doc is a continuous section break. There are no section breaks in the template doc! I show all formatting symbols and it isn't there. I use no headers nor footers. There is no page break at the end of the template.

I've tried a ctrl-H and searched for section breaks and none are found in the template yet ARE found in each doc.

Now the REALLY weird part is the extra blank page is NOT there when I run a merge from my laptop yet IS there when I run it from my desktop at work. Even if I just send the merged doc from home where it has no blank page at the end when I open it at work the blank page is THERE!

Both computers use Word 2007. I am using the same doc in the templates folder of both computers to allow a macro called mergesplitter to separate every doc in the merge into separate files but even computers at work without the template in the Word Template folder show the blank page at the end of each doc. Not there at home!

If I run a normal merge into one long doc at work the extra blank page isn't there.

Where is the mysterious continuous section break coming from in the merged docs that isn't in the original template I merge from? How do I get rid of it?

Dr. Dotnetsky's Cool .NET Tips and Tricks # 9
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...-cool-net.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you execute a letter type merge to a new document, the letter that is
created for each record in the data source will be in a separate Section in
the document that is produced. Whether or not you will see the Section
Breaks is dependent upon the toggle state of the Show/Hide (¶) button.

--
Hope this helps,

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

a paid professional basis.