Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Bossi Bob Bossi is offline

Default Document Creation Date

I received a MS Word 2003 document as an attachment to an e-mail. When I
saved it it showed the"date created" as the date I saved it. Is there any
way that I can determine the date and time the document was actually created
by the author? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Insert a CreateDate field with the appropriate date/time formatting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Bob Bossi wrote:
I received a MS Word 2003 document as an attachment to an e-mail. When I
saved it it showed the"date created" as the date I saved it. Is there any
way that I can determine the date and time the document
was actually created by the author? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

That may still show the date the attachment was saved on your computer,
though.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Insert a CreateDate field with the appropriate date/time formatting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
so all may benefit.

Bob Bossi wrote:
I received a MS Word 2003 document as an attachment to an e-mail. When I
saved it it showed the"date created" as the date I saved it. Is there any
way that I can determine the date and time the document
was actually created by the author? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

I think that depends on how it was saved. Word's internal "creation
date" won't be reset if the attachment was simply saved from the email
to a file. If the attachment was opened in Word and saved by Word to a
file, then it would show that date. (Another good reason not to open
attachments directly.)

Bob Bossi wrote:
I received a MS Word 2003 document as an attachment to an e-mail. When I
saved it it showed the"date created" as the date I saved it. Is there any
way that I can determine the date and time the document
was actually created by the author? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Good point.

wrote:

That may still show the date the attachment was saved on your computer,
though.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jay Freedman" wrote in message
Insert a CreateDate field with the appropriate date/time formatting.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
newsgroup
so all may benefit.

Bob Bossi wrote:
I received a MS Word 2003 document as an attachment to an e-mail. When
saved it it showed the"date created" as the date I saved it. Is there
any
way that I can determine the date and time the document
was actually created by the author? Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bob Bossi Bob Bossi is offline

That is exactly the solution. If I open the attachment with Word, I can
find the actual create date. If I save the attachment then the create date
changes to the date/time that I saved it. Thanks for the help.