Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Carl Carl is offline

Default Word Template Design loses format

The word template table I designed as a template for my various passwords has
a gray background with alternating white and dark gray coloured lines to give
an embossed appearance. When I enter info and then sort alphabetically with
the €śtable tools€ť tab, €ślayout€ť tab and €śsort€ť in the data section, the text
sorts properly, except some coloured lines will also shift, ie, two lines of
the same colour losing the embossed look. Is there any way to sort text only
and have no effect on the background design.
Hope you can help, Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

If you set up alternating rows as part of a table style, the alternation
will be preserved when you move rows.

http://word.mvps.org