Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Guy Delaney[_2_] Guy Delaney[_2_] is offline

Default Combining documents without format changes

I have ten very similiar documents which I would like to combine into one
document. Each document begins wiht one column but half way through the
document I format the document fot two colums. This is true for all ten
documents.

At the end of the first document I do a hard page; that is, a Ctrler. Then I
load document 2, copy it to clipboard and paste it into document on on the
new page created by the Ctrl Enter. When I do this, the formatting on page
one changes to one column throughout.

How can I combine all ten documents into one document without these
formatting changes?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

A hard page break (Ctrl+Enter) is not sufficient to maintain column
formatting, which is a section format. You must separate the individual
documents with section breaks, not page breaks.

The best method is to insert a section break at the beginning and end of
each of the ten documents. Then you can copy and paste or, better, insert
IncludeText fields to pull the contents of the ten documents into an
eleventh one.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman