Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Bob Arnett Bob Arnett is offline

Default Can I sort a partial Word 2007 table?

I have a 4 Column 60 Row table in Word 2007 in which I want to sort
(in worksheet terminology) cells C1030 without sorting the entire rows.
Even if I select just those cells, Word automatically sorts the entire rows.
Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Fri, 5 Feb 2010 10:34:02 -0800, Bob Arnett
wrote:

I have a 4 Column 60 Row table in Word 2007 in which I want to sort
(in worksheet terminology) cells C1030 without sorting the entire rows.
Even if I select just those cells, Word automatically sorts the entire rows.
Is this possible?

Select and copy the cells you want to sort. Move to an empty paragraph
(in the same or a different/blank document) and paste, which will
create a new table with just those cells.

Sort the new table.

Select and copy the sorted cells. Go back to the original table,
select the original unsorted cells from step 1, and paste. This will
replace the original cells with the sorted ones.

If necessary, go to the table you sorted and delete it (or if you used
a different document, just close it without saving).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman