Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
harlemnocturn harlemnocturn is offline

Default Cannot Fax Saved Word Document

Running Student and Teacher Edition of Office 2003, I use the Windows Fax
Console by switching lines from my computer with my regular telephone. Just
yesterday, I found that this feature no longer worked. I had to use WP to
convert a copy of the document and fax it from there. I received the error
message "Object has been deleted." Why has this happened and what can I do
to get this feature working in Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine Russ Valentine is offline

Clarify which Fax program you are using.
Clarify by which method you are sending the fax and exactly what happens
when you try.
--
Russ Valentine
"harlemnocturn" wrote in message
Running Student and Teacher Edition of Office 2003, I use the Windows Fax
Console by switching lines from my computer with my regular telephone.
Just
yesterday, I found that this feature no longer worked. I had to use WP to
convert a copy of the document and fax it from there. I received the
error
message "Object has been deleted." Why has this happened and what can I
do
to get this feature working in Word.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
harlemnocturn harlemnocturn is offline

The program I use is Start-Accessories-Communications-Fax Console for Windows
XP Professional Version 5.1 Build 2600.xpsp_sp3_gdr090804-1435 : Service Pack
3. I have always sent faxes from the Word document under the File menu using
the Send to Fax Modem command. After the program box comes up and I hit the
Next button, the error message comes up "Object has been deleted."

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

Clarify which Fax program you are using.
Clarify by which method you are sending the fax and exactly what happens
when you try.
--
Russ Valentine
"harlemnocturn" wrote in message
Running Student and Teacher Edition of Office 2003, I use the Windows Fax
Console by switching lines from my computer with my regular telephone.
Just
yesterday, I found that this feature no longer worked. I had to use WP to
convert a copy of the document and fax it from there. I received the
error
message "Object has been deleted." Why has this happened and what can I
do
to get this feature working in Word.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine Russ Valentine is offline

To narrow this down, try sending the document from the Fax Console.
Have you tried repairing your Office installation?
--

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

Clarify which Fax program you are using.
Clarify by which method you are sending the fax and exactly what happens
when you try.
--
Russ Valentine
"harlemnocturn" wrote in
message
Running Student and Teacher Edition of Office 2003, I use the Windows
Fax
Console by switching lines from my computer with my regular telephone.
Just
yesterday, I found that this feature no longer worked. I had to use WP
convert a copy of the document and fax it from there. I received the
error
message "Object has been deleted." Why has this happened and what can
do
to get this feature working in Word.

.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
harlemnocturn harlemnocturn is offline

No, I did not repair the installation, but back in September I had to do a
clean install of Windows and a few System Restores. I just brought up the
document up and the Console worked. On the sidebar, it was on the step that
went from Start to Document to Fax where the error message came up before. I
have not done anything to try and fix the problem on my own, so I do not know
why it is working. Incidentally, after checking the box that says Notify me
of replies, I have not received any notifications of these postings in my
inbox.

"Russ Valentine" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Russ Valentine Russ Valentine is offline

You should never use the web interface for these groups. If you do, do not
expect it to work. You'll never receive notifications.
Use a good newsreader and learn to read the groups on your own without
expecting a notification.