Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Solly Solly is offline

Default how do i suppress invalid zip code warning on barcode on envelopes

bsd
I set up a mail merge with a barcode.
The adresses are from the USA and Canada.
The Canada envelopes get printed with the words "Invalid zip Code"
I don't want to separate the Data file into two data files US and Can.
I do want to suppress this message on my Canada envelopes
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Use an If...then...Else field construction that returns nothing if the
result is "Invalid zip Code" and inserts the barcode if it is not that
result.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Solly" wrote in message
bsd
I set up a mail merge with a barcode.
The adresses are from the USA and Canada.
The Canada envelopes get printed with the words "Invalid zip Code"
I don't want to separate the Data file into two data files US and Can.
I do want to suppress this message on my Canada envelopes

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Alternatively, if one of the fields designates the country, base the If...then...Else field on that. For example:

Cheers
macropod
[Microsoft MVP - Word]