joepinger joepinger is offline
Junior Member

Question Microsoft Word email ?

I recently typed a document on Word and would now like to find out how to send it to someone as an attachment. The only thing is it does not give me a highlighted option to email. Also do I need an INTERNET SERVICE PROVIDER or it also said I needed to setup email servers: INCOMING EMAIL SERVER TYPE: POP3,IMAP,HTTP. Then it says INCOMING EMAIL POP3 OR IMAP SERVER, then it says OUTGOING EMAIL SERVER(SMTP) NAME, then last it says: OUTGOING SERVER REQUIRES AUTHENTICATION. I just want to know how to send this Word Document to someone. Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default Microsoft Word email ?

If you have Word 2003 or earlier, go to Tools | Options | General and check
the box for "Mail as attachment." Then use File | Send To | Mail Recipient
(as Attachment). This assumes that you have an internet connection and a
local mail client such as Outlook, Outlook Express, Windows Mail, or Windows
Live Mail (this won't work for Web mail applications). The messages you are
getting suggest that you do not have email set up on your computer. If you
are using Web mail, you will need to look at its interface to see how to
attach a file, then navigate to your saved Word document and attach it.

http://word.mvps.org

--
joepinger