Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
janey janey is offline

Default Autotext in Windows 7

I have attached a template which I brought over from Word 2003 to a Word
2009.

1. I have put Autotext on my QAT but when I have a look at it, it shows
all templates, rather than the one I need for insertion and addition. I
can't find how to have just my template's entries showing.

2. I don't get a list of entries as in 2003 but boxes with the names of
the autotext in them; this makes it slow to scroll down and find what I am
looking for.

Any way around these problem, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

As far as I know, there is no way to accomplish what you want. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"janey" wrote in message
I have attached a template which I brought over from Word 2003 to a Word
2009.

1. I have put Autotext on my QAT but when I have a look at it, it
shows all templates, rather than the one I need for insertion and
addition. I can't find how to have just my template's entries showing.

2. I don't get a list of entries as in 2003 but boxes with the names
of the autotext in them; this makes it slow to scroll down and find what I
am looking for.

Any way around these problem, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

"janey" might want to have a look at
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word2007_B...&_AutoText.htm

Note that one should not be daunted by the complexity of the solution
presented, as the Building Block Enhanced Tools are provided in an add-in
available for download from Greg's site.

http://word.mvps.org

"janey" wrote in message
I have attached a template which I brought over from Word 2003 to a Word
2009.

1. I have put Autotext on my QAT but when I have a look at it, it
shows all templates, rather than the one I need for insertion and
addition. I can't find how to have just my template's entries showing.

2. I don't get a list of entries as in 2003 but boxes with the names
of the autotext in them; this makes it slow to scroll down and find what
I am looking for.

Any way around these problem, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Another one of those useful articles that I keep forgetting about. :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"janey" wrote in message
I have attached a template which I brought over from Word 2003 to a Word
2009.

1. I have put Autotext on my QAT but when I have a look at it, it
shows all templates, rather than the one I need for insertion and
addition. I can't find how to have just my template's entries showing.

2. I don't get a list of entries as in 2003 but boxes with the names
of the autotext in them; this makes it slow to scroll down and find what
I am looking for.

Any way around these problem, please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Mine is 24 pages long and is on my Work menu. It has links categorized
roughly by NG categories (Most Frequently Asked, Other Application Errors,
Basics, Customization and Backup, Printing and Fonts, Page Layout, Long
Documents, Mail Merge, Tables, Forms, Numbering and Dates, Graphics,
Spelling and Correction, WordPerfect Migration, Corruption/Master Docs,
Useful Stuff, and Links). When I have to search manually for less-often-used
links, I can scroll through, looking at the subheads in the scroll bar
popup, but for most of the links I have three- or four-letter shortcuts that
I use in the Find dialog, such as:

inen = http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/numb...Numbering.html
zeno = http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...alTemplate.htm
atoc = http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html
atof = http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...xtChanges.html
bleb = http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFms/TableBasics.htm
leon = http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...bleOn1Page.htm
robu = http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFldsFm...acroButton.htm
thse = http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...thSections.htm

and so on. I also have signatures in OE for some of the most commonly
referenced links, such as
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm and
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/MissingMenusEtc.htm