Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
nameisnana nameisnana is offline

Default Merge fields printing on the wrong records

I have an Excel spreadsheet with 13,400 records merged in to Word (2000 and
2003). I am using about 60 different fields.

Periodically, when merging to the printer or to a new file, certain records
will print and duplicate across several (10-20) more documents. (example: a
parent with their list of children, one child might appear under the correct
parent on their document, then repeat under the next 10-20 parents where they
don't belong.)

I've check the fields and data structure for the list. Tried varying data
sources.

The only thing that seems to work, so far, is doing the merge in Word 2007.
I could duplicate my problem there. Not sure if it will reoccur elsewhere in
the merge.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It is not possible to tell from your description what is causing the
behavior, but I would be looking for an anomaly in the data source.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.