Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
becder becder is offline

Default return numbered lists to default settings

I need my numbered lists and multileveled lists to return to the default
settings. Is there a way? Currently when I choose a numbered list it indents
to 3". I can shift+tab back to the left, but I'd like not to have to do that.

Another odd thing that happens is no automatic number shows up until I begin
typing. Once I begin typing, the outline number appears, then when I press
enter to go to the next line - no number. As I begin typing the correct
number appears. Is there an explanation for this?

I have no need for any type of custom auto-numbering so I'm not sure what I
inadvertently did or how the settings got changed.

Thanks,
Becky
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
becder becder is offline

Default return numbered lists to default settings - Word 2007

I am using Word 2007.

"becder" wrote:

I need my numbered lists and multileveled lists to return to the default
settings. Is there a way? Currently when I choose a numbered list it indents
to 3". I can shift+tab back to the left, but I'd like not to have to do that.

Another odd thing that happens is no automatic number shows up until I begin
typing. Once I begin typing, the outline number appears, then when I press
enter to go to the next line - no number. As I begin typing the correct
number appears. Is there an explanation for this?

I have no need for any type of custom auto-numbering so I'm not sure what I
inadvertently did or how the settings got changed.

Thanks,
Becky

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Try renaming the normal.dotm template to oldnormal.dotm and then re-start
Word.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"becder" wrote in message
I am using Word 2007.

"becder" wrote:

I need my numbered lists and multileveled lists to return to the default
settings. Is there a way? Currently when I choose a numbered list it
indents
to 3". I can shift+tab back to the left, but I'd like not to have to do
that.

Another odd thing that happens is no automatic number shows up until I
begin
typing. Once I begin typing, the outline number appears, then when I
press
enter to go to the next line - no number. As I begin typing the correct
number appears. Is there an explanation for this?

I have no need for any type of custom auto-numbering so I'm not sure what
inadvertently did or how the settings got changed.

Thanks,
Becky

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In your user profile, locate and delete the ListGal.dat file (with Word
closed). That should restore the factory default settings for numbering and
bullet in Word 2007.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"becder" wrote in message
I need my numbered lists and multileveled lists to return to the default
settings. Is there a way? Currently when I choose a numbered list it
indents
to 3". I can shift+tab back to the left, but I'd like not to have to do
that.

Another odd thing that happens is no automatic number shows up until I
begin
typing. Once I begin typing, the outline number appears, then when I press
enter to go to the next line - no number. As I begin typing the correct
number appears. Is there an explanation for this?

I have no need for any type of custom auto-numbering so I'm not sure what
inadvertently did or how the settings got changed.

Thanks,
Becky

Changing default settings on bullets and lists in Word '07 Tameramer Microsoft Word Help 1 December 29th 09 06:25 PM
Multilevel lists become simple numbered lists in Word 2007 Dwolfe Page Layout 3 July 16th 08 10:37 AM
Numbered Lists HCBoffice Microsoft Word Help 1 January 12th 08 12:47 AM
Numbered Lists Link New Users 13 April 29th 07 05:25 PM
Numbered Lists Mary Lee Page Layout 5 August 12th 05 04:08 PM