Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
skwirler skwirler is offline

Default Can mail merge create a seperate document for each record?

I need to run a merge then attach a file to each record in the contact
manager, so I need only 1 record per file.

If I can't have the merge run that way, can I ask Word to make each page a
new file after I run the merge? Even manually?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LVTravel[_2_] LVTravel[_2_] is offline

"skwirler" wrote in message
I need to run a merge then attach a file to each record in the contact
manager, so I need only 1 record per file.

Are you talking about Business Contact Manager in Outlook? Looked around
and did not find a way to do what you want. Maybe import into BCM from your
data file can be done but more research would need to be done.

If I can't have the merge run that way, can I ask Word to make each page a
new file after I run the merge? Even manually?

Don't think Word natively can do that. You would probably be able to use
VBA to program Word and do the individual files per page though.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

See the €śIndividual Merge Letters€ť item on fellow MVP Graham Mayors website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

or the following may do all that you want:

"Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.