Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LLChoi LLChoi is offline

Default Date-Time switch not working for merge field

I'm trying to get a list of times for a music competition merged, and as
such, the fields I am merging are sometimes coming from a directly entered
time (like the first one in each group) or a calculated formula (based on the
start time and length of performance of the entrant before). I am getting
the results I want if the time is directly entered, but not if it is the
result of a formula. The codes I'm using a

{ MERGEFIELD "Competition" \@ "h:mm am/pm" \* MERGEFORMAT }

which returns : 1/1/1900 8:34:30 AM instead of just: 8:34 AM

The formula in the Excel spreadsheet is simply:

=R2+O2+TIME(0,2,0)

where R2 is the previous entrant's start time, O2 is the total time of the
previoius entrant's program, then 2 minutes are added for judges to write
comments.

I think I'm doing it correctly, it seemed to work last year, but the
formatting is not happening this year. I just don't want to go through all
the entries to edit out the date and seconds for each time I want to list on
each merge file, and I've got 6 different merge documents that I'm trying to
create.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Try changing the method of connection to the data source to DDE. To get the
option of doing that, you will need to check the box for Confirm Conversions
at Open either via ToolsOptionsGeneral in Word 2003 or before or via Word
OptionsAdvancedGeneral in Word 2007

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.