Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Tracy Tracy is offline

Default save as

In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save the
same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as" button.
Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Is your Office Button (the "orb" in the top left corner) still blinking
because you haven't yet discovered it? Click on it to display a menu; that's
where you'll find Save As;
http://word.mvps.org

"Tracy" wrote in message
In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save
the
same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as"
button.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

That big round thing in the upper left corner isn't just a decoration.
It's called the "Office button", and it serves the same purpose as the
old File menu (which appears again in Word 2010, admitting Microsoft's
mistake). Click it to open a menu with such things as Open, Save As,
and Print.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 16:06:01 -0700, Tracy
wrote:

In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save the
same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as" button.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You may find the macros at http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm
useful, These can easily be adapted to save the document either to different
locations or as different file types (or both). If you cannot figure it out,
post back what you need.

"Tracy" wrote in message
In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save
the
same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as"
button.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Curious how the mind works. After getting used to the Office button in 2007,
I found myself wishing they had not changed it back to 'file' in Word 2010
LOL

wrote:

In the new Word 2007, I can't find an option to "save as" I want to save
the
same document as two different things, and I can't find the "save as"
button.
Help!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bj bj is offline

They do say that keeping the brain active helps keep it healthy -- and
changing up the s/w is MS's way of doing that for us. :-)
bj

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Curious how the mind works. After getting used to the Office button in
2007, I found myself wishing they had not changed it back to 'file' in
Word 2010 LOL

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dave Symes Dave Symes is offline

In article ,
bj wrote:
They do say that keeping the brain active helps keep it healthy -- and
changing up the s/w is MS's way of doing that for us. :-)
bj

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Curious how the mind works. After getting used to the Office button in
2007, I found myself wishing they had not changed it back to 'file' in
Word 2010 LOL

Nope! being a total cynic, MS only change things to annoy the users...
For example when bringing out a New OS they have to change things we've
taken time to learn, just to make the UI less user friendly.

Once a GUI was a joy to use, now it has become a PITA, all style over
substance, and where each new version is changed to make things a bit less
user friendly.

The same applies to many applications.

But then I'm a cynic... ;-)

Dave

--

Dave Triffid
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bj bj is offline

"Dave Symes" wrote in message
In article ,
bj wrote:
[...]

and then so am I....
But then, computers isn't the only thing that when they trumpet "We've
improved it!!!!!" it means "Watch out, they've ruined it (and probably taken
away the features you liked best....)" :-(
bj