Guinison Guinison is offline
Junior Member

Default Save file in multiple locations?

Ok lets see if I can make this clear as mud.

If I have a file say in c:\word.doc and same file d:\word.doc is there a way to save any changes to the file in both locations?

IE: if I open c:\word.doc change the file and then when I save I want it to save at both locations == c:\word.doc and d:\word.doc

This may be so incredibly simple that I am just overlooking the answer.
ventsu ventsu is offline
Junior Member

Location: Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guinison View Post
Ok lets see if I can make this clear as mud.

If I have a file say in c:\word.doc and same file d:\word.doc is there a way to save any changes to the file in both locations?

IE: if I open c:\word.doc change the file and then when I save I want it to save at both locations == c:\word.doc and d:\word.doc

This may be so incredibly simple that I am just overlooking the answer.
As far as I know, Word itself cannot do this on its own, however it does allow the use of macros and add-ins... This is the best explanation I've come up with, found at http://www.gmayor.com/automatically_backup.htm

Keep in mind, there are a few ways of doing this depending on your desired destination. Local Hard Drive(s), Arive, or Removable Media (Flash Drives).
Also if I recall its best just to have the file copied over to the new location, either by hand or through a macro. But I'm pretty sure, Folder/File Sync might be the best way to go, if you normally save to say C:\Windows\Users\WordBanter*\Documents\Current Project*\word.doc you can sync that folder with another folder on a different local disk, that will re-sync ever 15 minutes or so depending on its options. I don't know about Floppy or Flash Drives though.

You might want to install a third party, preferably free, examples found he
http://www.techsupportalert.com/best...on-utility.htm

Last edited by ventsu : September 23rd 10 at 02:46 PM
Guinison Guinison is offline
Junior Member

Ok, thank you I will check into this.